The Knowledge Tester team is very actively sharing knowledge and here are the latest updates:
- A seminar on “Testing in Agile and DevOps” was held for students of UET Taxila on November 29, 2017. Session facilitated by Sohail Sarwar and Majd Uddin was attended by ~50 students.
- 6th Islamabad Testers Meetup happened on November 25, 2017 at MTBC campus in collaboration with PSTB. It was attended by 80+ professionals and full report is here.
- Agile Conference Pakistan 2017 happened on October 21, 2017 at Islamabad which was attended by 300+ professionals. Majd Uddin hosted the panel discussion and a full report can be read here.
- Pakistan Software Quality Conference 2017 (PSQC17) was held on April 8, 2017 at Marriott Hotels, Islamabad which was attended by ~275 Quality Champions. Read a full report here.
- Testers Meetup Lahore‘s 3rd edition was hosted at FAST-NUCES Lahore campus on February 25, 2017. The event was sponsored by Systems Ltd. and PSTB and attracted 120+ Testers from the city. More details are covered in this exclusive post.
- Testers meetup Islamabad was hosted at Bahria University on February 11, 2017 in collaboration with Pakistan Software Testing Board and BroadPeak Technologies. The session went great with over 120 Testers joining us and enjoyed the technical talks. Above all, more details about the upcoming Pakistan Software Quality Conference 2017 were shared. A quick summary of the event is here.
- A talk on “Software Testing is a role” was arranged for final semester students of BS (CS) at Bahria University Islamabad Campus. Sohail Sarwar and Majd Uddin shared their experiences on how software testing is done on real life projects. The talk was attended by ~40 students and resulted in lot of questions related to Software Testing career. Special thanks to Dr. Faisal Bashir for hosting us in December 2016.
- Activity based Testers Meetup was held on November 12, 2016 in Karachi which was hosted by VentureDive. The event was attended by ~50 testers who were split in teams and did live rounds of testing. Winning teams were awarded cash prizes by Pakistan Software Testing Board. There were also three technical talks during the day. Full report is here.
- A testers meetup happened on August 20, 2016 in Lahore which was hosted by Confiz Ltd. and was purposely named “Awesome Testing Discussions”. The event was invite only and had ~60 testers representing 25+ organizations to bring diversity and resulted in very fruitful discussions. Read the complete report here.
- An interactive meetup titled “Testing is a fantastic career” was conducted at S&P Global Pakistan’s Islamabad office on May 29, 2016. The event was attended by ~40 testers of varied experience and background. The testers discussed topics pertaining to testing career/skills and presented findings to all. A complete report can be found here.
- A full day workshop on “Web Services Automation” was conducted at Zigron Islamabad campus on May 14, 2016. This workshop packed with hands-on exercises was lead by the experienced Amir Shahzad. Read more details on Testers of Pakistan page.
- KnowledgeTester team of Sadaf Minhas and Majd Uddin convened the “Bug Catcher” competition at FAST Islamabad’s annual NESCON event on April 9, 2016. The competition had a test writing exercise, a bug finding session and a discussion (pictured above). Hoping to have more and more such competition at other University events.
- The Tester meetup reached Lahore on March 26, 2016 where 100+ testers attended the event at ITU campus. Read more details on this exclusive post.
- A session on “Why Testing is important for everyone” was held for graduating students of BS (CS) at FAST Islamabad Campus on March 17, 2016. Attended by ~50 students, this resulted in an engaging conversation where students asked questions about a career in software testing vs. doing testing activities as a Programmer. The session was conducted by Majd Uddin and the slides can be viewed here: Why Testing is Important
- A training on “Unit Testing – the Why and How” was conducted for Elixir‘s Engineering team at their Islamabad office in February 2016. First, Majd Uddin talked about why Unit Testing is a must for any team and gave examples from international and local IT industry. Then Sohail Sarwar conducted a hands-on session for about 2 hours to let Engineers write their first ever Unit Test using JUNit. Finally Majd shared some tips for managing unit testing projects. The session was thoroughly enjoyed by 20 members of the team who took part in hands-on exercise. More pictures can be seen on our facebook page or on Elixir page.
- An interactive discussion on “Testing is a Role” happened at Smart IS campus in Islamabad where Majd Uddin introduced many models to help their Engineering team move towards a system where Programmers play active role in testing the application. The session was held in January 2016 and was well received by ~20 team members.
- A TOP (Testers of Pakistan) meetup happened on January 9th, 2016 in collaboration with Pakistan Software Testing Board – PSTB and Zigron Inc. The session was joined by well over 100 testers and you can read the first report here with more details coming soon.
For Activities conducted before 2016, please visit Past Activity.
If you are interested in having a Knowledge Tester session in your domain, please see Becoming page for details.